Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week 34 Image

Week 34, as expected, was a good one. I'm surprised at how quickly it slipped away. I'll get to the excitement of the week momentarily... but first the dreaded weekly photo:

This week I decided to do a comparison photo. One picture is from week 34 and the other one is from a short 19 weeks ago... week 15. Without any hints, I'm guessing you can't figure out which is which.


On a very positive note... I had a doctor's appointment last week in which I discovered I only gained one pound in the last two weeks! That felt like a pretty big personal accomplishment to me :) I am looking forward to baby Hansen coming in part so I can adequately exercise and start taking some weight off. I did try some limited exercise on Thanksgiving day... in the form of a football game. I played as the designated quarterback... but that turned into scrambling away from the blitz, running a couple of routes as a receiver, playing defense. My body just isn't built for running right now. As soon as the game ended, I knew I would be hurting... and I'm still sore... four days later. Live and learn, right? I'll think I'll refrain from playing football until after the baby is born.

We had a great Thanksgiving and started a shopping shortly thereafter with a trip to Michael's Thursday evening. From then... it didn't stop. My mom, sister, cousin Rebekah, and I went to Park City at midnight to do some shopping... and then Elizabeth and I continue all night long until 9am. She was super tired around 7am so we went and woke up my mom and Rebekah to continue. Elizabeth bowed out after breakfast around 9am and the rest of us continued... until about noon, when I basically crashed. I guess I don't function incredibly well without any sleep. It didn't help that I woke up at 4:30 am on Thursday... and couldn't go back to sleep. In all, it was a 31 hour marathon for me... with no sleep. I napped for two hours and spent the rest of the weekend trying to recover physically. I think I have a better understanding of swollen feet now!

Despite the fatigue, we enjoyed some super deals, worked on the nursery, and watched a little football over the break. Those components are all it takes for a great week!

Now that I'm a little more uncomfortable physically, I'm becoming more mentally prepared for Baby Hansen to come. It still scares me to think of how she has to make her entrance into the world... and what that means to me... but I'm guessing that over the next several weeks as my discomfort increases, the actual birth will seem less and less scary. At least that's what I'm hoping for!

5 comments:

  1. You look pretty good for 34 weeks. Can't wait to see pics of your little bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,

    I hate to break this to you but right up until the moment Lily comes rushing out you're going to be scared out of your mind. Just get the epidural and you won't feel it!!! After having my Dr. tell my I tore all the way to my rectum I thought for sure I was never going to be the same down there..... MIRACLES DO HAPPEN (Daniel will attest to it!). The human body is miraculous and just keep in mind the spiritual aspect of what is happening and you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be scared of not knowing when your water will break - the rest is a piece of cake! (With an epidural!) :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, for sure. by the time the baby is due you wont be scared anymore...you will just want her out! lol.
    you look so cute
    amazing that you could play football and go shopping that long with no sleep...you are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had slowed down on gaining weight at the end. No such luck. I was always surprised at my weight gain each week. But you look great!

    ReplyDelete