Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Week 33 Image

Huge. There are times where I feel this way... but mostly, I think I look this way. I avoid full length mirrors... as much as possible but the size really seems stunning when Trent takes my picture every Sunday. I'm beginning to believe that my camera is faulty and is somehow distorting the pictures :)

Week 33 was a good one. Baby Hansen's bedding set arrived in the mail so we can start decorating her room a little. There are still plenty of "essential" things we need before her arrival (like a mattress for her crib) but I figure we've got time... and there was a 20% off babies r us coupon in Sunday's paper! There's nothing quite like spending a little money in order to save a little money!

We put up one of our Christmas trees last week (embarrassing, I know) but I was just so excited to do it! We put it up in our loft so our neighbors can't see it and feel embarrassed for us that we just skipped right over Thanksgiving. We're putting another tree downstairs in our front room. We'll wait until after Thanksgiving to do that one. I just figured I might not feel like putting up the trees and decorating by the time the "appropriate time" for doing it arrived. I mean, on some days, walking up and down the stairs feels like a terribly taxing task.

We certainly won't be forgetting about Thanksgiving. I love this holiday! I love the day after just as much :) Baby Hansen will get her first "Black Friday" shopping experience... with my sister, mom, and I. My coworkers have tried to convince me that being visibly pregnant will play to my advantage this year. I'm pretty sure it will just make it harder for me to maneuver quickly through the aisles. There's no one who will be giving me any special treatment on that day... people are crazy! I need my mom and sister there with me because I tend to be a spontaneous buyer. When I see everyone grabbing a particular item, I grab it too... not because I needed it... not because I wanted it... but because everyone else was getting it so it must be good! My mom helps provide me with a "sanity check" and lets me know that I really shouldn't buy some things... even if everyone else in the store is buying it.

Week 34... Thanksgiving, Black Friday, BYU-Utah football game. There's a lot to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Cute belly! Last year on Black Friday while Carter was still inside my belly, Zach and I slept out overnight (it was snowing and freezing!)in front of Best Buy. By the time the store opened there were 1000s of people outside and I was so afraid of my belly being trampled that I waited outside for Zach and didn't even try to go in. Good luck and hope you find some good deals!

    ReplyDelete