Sunday, December 27, 2009

Week 38 Image

Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is having an enjoyable holiday season. Christmas in the Hansen home was good... mostly just calm and peaceful. It was a chance for Trent and I to get a little rest and make some more preparations for Baby Hansen to arrive. We're getting very excited for her grand entrance! We're hopeful that she is as enthusiastic about meeting us as we are about meeting her. I've spent a lot of time the last few days trying to convince her, that no matter how hard she tries, she is not going to be able to break through my ribs and my stomach in order to get out. I keep telling her there is really only one way out... but she doesn't seem to be listening. I'm sure she'll be much more obedient once she's born (wishful thinking). I guess she'll come when she's ready. Despite having fears regarding labor and delivery, I couldn't be more ready for her to come. As my discomforts increase daily, I become even more anxious.

This isn't your traditional weekly photo... as there is no shower curtain. However, since it is the holiday season... I thought I'd pay a little respect to the best Christmas movie ever made. (The Christmas Story). I think I saw it a few times during the annual "24 Hours of the Christmas Story" which plays on TBS. In this picture, I feel like the little boy who can't put his arms down cause he's so bundled up. Good thing I didn't fall over (like he did in the movie)... because my guess is there would have been no getting up for me!


Certainly this picture (with several layers on) makes me look even larger than I am. But at this point... who really cares, right? I mean, I'm 38 weeks pregnant... so this should be expected. I did have another win on the scale this week at my doctors appointment... with no weight gain. I'm guessing I've peaked as far as the weight is concerned (could also be wishful thinking... who knows).
The nursery is getting much closer. Hopefully we'll have it all done this week. If so, I'll post pictures next week. Other than making final preparations and celebrating Christmas, the only other "eventful" thing that has happened this last week is that my emotions have seemed to spiral out of control. The last couple of days, just about anything can make me cry. It's horrible. I'm kind of tired of it... and am hopeful that it's only a "phase".
Here's to another good one!

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute in this picture. By the way A Christmas Story is my husband's favorite movie. I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery.

    ReplyDelete