Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Week 36 - Wait... no image!

To start off, we neglected to take a picture on Sunday... so there won't be one of those this week. I hope you'll take my word for it... I'm still growing larger :) In the prenatal seminar we attended several weeks ago, we were told that while 37 weeks is considered full term, if I went into labor at 36 weeks, I wouldn't be stopped. Scary!
Baby Hansen is still fairly active, just with a lot less room to move around. It makes her movements much more visible for the random onlooker. I keep saying she's just trying to "break out". If you'd like to venture a guess regarding when she'll be born, there's a poll in the right column of this blog.

I spent most of the weekend "hevtej bna" (Mongolian for laying/resting). I wrote it that way because my weekend reminded me of something from Mongolia. In Mongolia, it is quite common for people to pay to go the clinic or hospital for a couple of weeks. Without anything seriously wrong with them, they would go to essentially rest... and lay in a bed for a couple weeks. I had some companions that were planning on going to "hevt" after they finished their missions. I always thought it was a bit strange that they would pay money to go to a hospital so they could rest. The clinics typically didn't provide much or any treatment to them... and they didn't provide food (the person's family or friends would bring them meals). I guess when a person reaches pure exhaustion, that's just what they do.

While I am really tired, I don't think I'm quite to that point yet. The main struggle has been that when Baby Hansen wakes me up between 4 and 4:30 each morning... I've really struggled to fall back asleep. Besides spending much of my time resting, Elizabeth and Alaris were nice enough to have a baby shower for me last week. They did a great job putting it all together. My Grandma Sharp hosted the event at her house. Since I didn't provide a 36 week image (disappointing, I'm sure!)... I have a couple pictures from the shower.

Yummy Food...

Kelsi had a great time playing in the tissue paper afterwards
Two out of three of my favorite nieces :)
The baby my sister made me... so cute! I just keep hoping that Baby Hansen doesn't come out quite that big (this baby is extra stuffed with diapers)
Yay for 36 weeks! Another week will surely provide another adventure. We've got no big plans for week 37... just taking it easy!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed the party - I had a sick little boy. A whole new challenge to parenting. :} I meant to drop your present by your mom's hopefully I get there before the baby comes!
    By the way, you're not huge- you look great!!!!

    ReplyDelete