Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Week 35 Image

One week closer... thank goodness! It's taking longer than anticipated to recover from the Thanksgiving adventure. Note to self: "Don't play football past 30 weeks of pregnancy." With the snow starting on Saturday, I've really had the "snowboarding itch"... but have wisely opted not to scratch it. It certainly helps that none of my snowboard pants/coats fit me nowadays :)

Although the due date is still five weeks away, we spend time thinking about Baby Hansen on a daily basis. It's hard not to think about her when I'm sitting in a work meeting and I get a sudden shot to the ribs... sending shock through my entire body. I have to exert every ounce of self control I have to not "yelp" out loud. My mom and I spent time on Saturday painting letters to hang on the wall of the nursery. It was a lot of work... but will add more prettiness to the room. We just have a few more things to do before we can call the nursery "complete". When (if) that point comes, I'll be sure to post some pictures.

I officially got my FMLA paperwork filled out... meaning that I'll be taking 12 weeks off from work after Baby Hansen is born. I'll be attempting to work right up until that point. I think it'll be good for me to help time pass quicker. Before I went on my mission, I had a week and half where I didn't work at all and just waited for time to pass so I could go to the MTC. Calling it quits early from work made the time pass painfully slow. I certainly don't want to repeat that experience, if I don't need to.

We're looking forward to seeing what week 36 brings to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment