Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Week 23 Image

I'm beginning to question why it was I thought it would be a good idea to post weekly progress pictures of my "growing belly". For some reason, pictures have the capability to make people look worse/more awkward than they perceive themselves to be. After looking at this week's picture, I'm feeling pretty large. It just might be time to step into those maternity clothes.

I've received a few comments from folks at work that I'm actually "starting to look pregnant" now. I suppose that was bound to happen. Trent and I went to Target last week, roaming through the various baby isles... when Trent started laughing. I asked him what was so funny and he said there was a couple who was walking by us, just staring at me. He said they looked at me, my belly, my face, my belly... as if they were trying to figure it out. I didn't think it was quite as comical as he did.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but I'm trying to give a "shout out" to 23 in the picture. Not only does it represent an end to my 23rd week of pregnancy, but also Michael Jordan was enshrined in the Hall of Fame this last week. There have been discussions of whether or not the NBA should retire his number, 23 for the entire league. I'm kind of hopeful they will because I never cared for Jordan much... and each time I see someone sporting the number, I automatically think of him.

As the weeks fly (sometimes crawl) by, we're getting more and more excited to have Baby Hansen. I frequently find myself wandering aimlessly in stores just to look at their selection of baby items. The one thing I have noticed thus far is that available baby girl clothes in stores far outweigh baby boy clothes. Perhaps it is a foreshadowing of things to come in their respective lives. As much as I want to believe the disparity between boys and girls options is some minor form of discrimination, I imagine it's a reflection of supply and demand. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm wondering if I'm just looking for it since we're expecting a boy.

Baby Hansen and I are very much looking forward to week 24... and we're hopeful the end ofthe week will bring another BYU victory. Go Cougs!

5 comments:

  1. There are definitely more girl options than boy options! Having 2 boys, I have experienced this with both of them. You can find 1 cute boy thing for every 5 cute girl things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sooo frustrating to find boys clothes! Macys has cute stuff but the boys section is microscopic compared tot he girls section! Go to a Carters or Kohls store if you have one and they have a lot of choices for boys - or go online they have a lot cuter clothes than in the stores! Sooo excited for you two! Our boys will get into as much trouble as Trent and Justin did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed that. I have two boys and I seem to have a hard time still finding clothes for them but there is a lot more girls clothes out there than there is boys. By the way have you guys come up with a name for the little boy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all about on line shopping! In stores the girl stuff far out numbers the boys stuff, but on line it is pretty much equal! With 3 boys I really really love the Children's Place and Target for boys clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a little boy and I think that boy clothes are adorable! I love finding the outfits with sports stuff (we are big Chargers and Padres fans so we have a ton of their clothes!) and I also love the dinosaur stuff. My son will roar at the dinos and I think it's so sweet!

    I love to shop at Target, Carter's (my fav!) and I'll buy Carter's stuff at Kohls. I'm not a big fan of the Wal-Mart baby clothes department, though.

    Good luck Amanda! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete