Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 28 Image - the third trimester begins...

Common side effects that occur during the third trimester, according to the internet:
  • fatigue
  • difficulty sleeping
  • heartburn
  • swelling
  • leg cramps
  • constipation
  • backaches
  • shortness of breath
  • spider veins
  • varicose veins
  • hemorrhoids
  • frequent urination
  • weight gain
  • Braxton Hicks contractions
  • Intense dreams
  • hip pain
  • itchy abdomen
  • increased skin temperature
  • hair growth on the arms, legs, and face... (seriously the face???)
  • depression
  • emotional mood swings
  • stretch marks
Is that all? Really? How about the fact that at the end of the third trimester... the baby growing inside somehow has to magically come out of you? How about the fact that once she's out, even if you have no idea how to take care of her, there's absolutely no way to put her back inside... back in that safe haven when she could basically take care of herself?

I may have a fairly common "side effect" of first time mothers already... where I'm "thrilled to be a mother but am worried I won’t be a good one." (That was copied verbatim from the internet).

Here's another "side effect"... which wasn't quite spelled ou
t like this. It is what it is though, so we'll just title it accordingly: FEELING HUGE.


Yesterday Trent and I went on a bike ride. I probably hadn't been on my bike in at least two months. To my surprise, I discovered that every time I peddaled, when my legs/thighs came up, they would brush against my belly. Are you kidding me? I become "short of breath" and experience "fatigue" quickly enough... I don't need any extra resistance or friction on my bike ride!

Just a quick shout out to the third trimester!

5 comments:

  1. One of my friends told me before I had Tad that one of the hardest things was knowing if what she was doing for her baby was right or not. Then decided that if he baby is bawling she knows she's doing something wrong, if the baby isn't crying then it's okay. Seriously, trust your mothering instincts that seem to come out of nowhere.... and if the baby isn't crying, it's fine. Also, don't listen to what people say you should or shouldn't do, do what you want and what you find works! You guys will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to ride a bike too my third trimester - I coudln't make it up a slight hill and ended up walking my bike back to my house! On being nervous - totally understand! You can read as many books as you want but when she comes you will feel like you are winging it. (Make sure you get Mylicon gas relief - it is AMAZING for when she screams in the middle of the night and you have no idea what is wrong and it works in minutes!) But somehow you get it and understand your baby's needs and you find the energy for the round the clock feedings - I really don't know how I did it! Newborns are fairly easy I think - now I am having more difficult times with him because now I really have to be a "parent" and make sure he isn't spoiled, learns the word no, etc. But you will do awesome I promise and with Trent just tell him if Justin can do it he defiantely can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just the short list I learned! You will be adding to the list, things you never thought you'd experience. But to be honest, It's so much fun! Soon you'll think you're insides will be bruised forever from her kicking and punching! Good luck with the side effects but remember the joy of being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trent, keep up the good work. Just wait until the day arrives...it is amazing to see what you are capable of doing when the need is there. Amanda, continue doing well...you are almost there.

    ReplyDelete