Monday, October 12, 2009

Week 27 Image - No Surprises

I can't possibly describe how good it feels to be writing this blog... and announcing that there weren't any world shattering surprises in the Hansen household this last week. That's the way we like it... no surprises. We're getting more excited with each day that passes to be having a little girl joining our family. In fact, Saturday was a landmark day... exactly three calendar months until my due date! I'm feeling more and more "pregnant" with each day that passes. I'm starting to understand what "heartburn" really is. I've read about some wives tales which proclaim that the more heartburn you have, the more hair your baby will be born with. I can only hope that's the truth! If it is, we'll have one of the hairiest babies ever! I'm pretty sure I was born with lots of hair... on my head, ears, and back... so it runs in the family... lucky girl!


I'm doing a little "palming" of the stomach in this picture. Afterall, I'm wearing an orange colored shirt... and I feel like I have a mini basketball in my stomach. I've never had big enough hands to palm a normal basketball but I can handle the mini ones! Speaking of sports, Baby Hansen has been moving more and more lately. Sometimes I get a few kicks or punches that feel like they might actually come right through me! She's a tough little girl... probably preparing for a future as, I don't know... a soccer player? To assist her in this, I bought her some little soccer cleats. She'll probably be 3 or 4 by the time she can wear them but they were so little, cute and inexpensive, I just couldn't resist.


Saturday my Mom, niece Morgan and I went to the Baby Expo in Sandy. It was a lot of fun! Seeing everything out there available for babies is a little overwhelming. I mean... some people must be making some serious money off baby products! My mom and I liked looking at all the fun products. Morgan liked the bounce house and the popcorn. Lots of the baby stuff was pretty pricey so I'd whisper to my mom "don't you think you could just make that for me... and save some money?" She's super talented so I wouldn't be surprised if she could duplicate a lot of the ideas.


I picked up a few pair of shoes. When I showed Trent, he made some comment about how I'm trying to make her just like me... with more shoes than a person could possibly wear. I just think you've got to train them from the start! Shoes are a girl's best friend!

3 comments:

  1. The heartburn thing was true for me. I got it a lot with Mason and he was born with hair and it grew long and fast! I didn't get heartburn at all with Carter and at 6 months old, he is still bald! :) Congrats again on a baby girl. There are so many more options of things for little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are soo cute!

    ReplyDelete