Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Could it be?

For the last several days... I've that weird feeling that I'm "with child". I was only one day late yesterday (which isn't terribly uncommon) but I just kept getting the feeling that I should go and buy a pregnancy test. I told Trent on Sunday that I thought I was going to have a baby. He assured me that it was all in my head... and I was not. I resisted the urge to stop at the store on Monday... even though I really wanted to. I guess I mostly didn't want to get my hopes up to much. I thought I would be disappointed if the test came back negative. With that in mind, I decided to wait a little longer where I thought the probability of me actually being pregnant would be a little better (I don't know where the logic was in that thought).

After work today, I just couldn't take it anymore. I went to the local Wal Mart to pick up a test. I just had to know... one way or the other. No more waiting in anticipation for me. When I got into my car, I ripped the package open, pulled out the instructions, and starting reading them. I hurried home, took the test... and within seconds, this is what it showed:


I had to take a few "double takes" and re-read the instructions to make sure I was interpreting the result correctly. No wonder companies now make tests that "pregnant" or "not pregnant". In the middle of the moment, I think it's easy to confuse yourself. Once I realized I was likely reading it correctly, I was so excited, I didn't even know what to do. I started jumping around my bedroom like a little kid on Christmas day. I had tears fill my eyes. It probably sounds super cheesy... I was just really happy. My whole life, all I've ever wanted to be was a mom... and now, I'm on the path to fulfilling that dream.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know that you were pregnant! CONGRATS!! I hope that you will add me to your blog so you can keep track of mine. If I didn't add your blog I would of never known...LOL! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete